Monitor Your Plan Continuously
Once you have a plan in place, you’ve already taken a large step forward towards making it happen. As J.C. Penny said,
Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I’ll give you a man who will make history.
Give me a man with no goals and I’ll give you a stock clerk.
But articulating your goals and putting a plan in writing is only the first step.
The next step—monitoring the plan—is just as important as the first and requires both a qualified, independent expert and you.
You need someone to:
- Monitor your portfolio to make sure you’re taking advantage of opportunities
- Monitor your insurance to make sure you are protected from severe risks
- Monitor your taxes to make sure you aren’t missing opportunities to save money
- Monitor your estate plan to make sure it reflects your most current wishes
In addition, you will need to keep an advisor up-to-date when:
- Your goals change
- Your situation at work changes
- Your tolerance for risk changes
- You have a child, become an empty nester or become a grandparent
- You update your estate documents
You need someone who has expertise to help develop your plan but that person also must have a plan of their own to monitor your progress.
Call us to schedule a meeting
Goostree Financial Group does not provide legal or tax advice. You should consult a legal or tax professional regarding your individual situation. Fixed insurance products and services offered through CES Insurance Agency or Goostree Financial Group.