Lower the Fee You're Charging Yourself
To properly manage your assets, taxes, and the risks you face requires a significant amount of time and expertise. The job is never done because market opportunities are timely, the tax code changes all the time, and the risks you face are different at different points in your life.
To do all this well requires not only effort but expertise.
Abraham Lincoln famously said that “A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.” Along those lines, we believe that getting an independent, second opinion is a necessary ingredient for success. However, if you do want to manage your financial life, some basic principles will help you:
- Get as much current information as you can before making a decision
- Make rational decisions, not emotional ones
- Don’t make significant decisions hastily
- Remain abreast of changes to the tax code that affect you
- Take ownership of the outcome of your actions
Remember: You Only Get to do This Once
Goostree Financial Group does not provide legal or tax advice. You should consult a legal or tax professional regarding your individual situation